Everyone Plays - Balanced Teams - Open Registration - Positive Coaching - Good Sportsmanship
Welcome to the Northeast Youth Soccer League. I'm sure you share our excitement that all of our children have the opportunity to participate in the fastest growing sport in America. Our league is proud to be affiliated with the Indiana Youth Soccer.
The NYSL Still maintains the original philosophy that we started with:
At NYSL we are firmly committed to these values, and all our decisions are made to insure our 1100+ players enjoy SAFE, FAIR, FUN competition and the true spirit of teamwork.
- Open Registration - If your child is registered - they play!
- Balanced Teams - Constantly strive to form equal teams - something we are always looking for ways to do better at NYSL.
- Everyone Plays - All our children will play at least half the game.
- Good Sportsmanship - It is expected all participants will exhibit the highest level of conduct on and off the field. This applies not only to our youth athletes but equally important to our parents and coaches. We can't expect our kids to be good sports if we are not!
- Positive Coaching - It has been written that coaching is a privilege, not a right. It is expected that coaches respect their players at all times and offer only positive encouragement and reinforcement.
Our Under 12 through Under 19 age division (boys and girls) play "rec-plus" through a modified travel league known as the North Central Recreational Soccer League (NCRSL). The North Central Recreational Soccer League is a confederation of Indianapolis area soccer clubs providing a place for young men and women to continue playing the game without the pressures usually associated with select travel programs. The road games will be against similar teams within one-hour drive of Lawrence. Please carefully consider this commitment before enrolling your son or daughter.
NYSL also boasts one of the strongest youth referee programs in the country and we are continuing to strengthen this vital part of our program. This is an area of special importance because it allows the more experienced to assist the newer referees as they develop. Give special consideration to treating our youth referees with special respect. We encourage you to get involved here and volunteer to become a mentor.
We also want to take this opportunity to offer special recognition to the sponsors that graciously contributed to offset ever-increasing league costs. Consider supporting businesses that really care about your kids. Sponsorship is always a challenge and the league is in desperate need of help for the upcoming seasons with raising corporate and individual sponsor participation. Please call any board member with suggestions or more importantly to volunteer some time to raising sponsorships.
NYSL is a totally volunteer organization and it is an expectation that every parent will contribute at least one shift in the concession stand or volunteer for one of the many other activities that are vital to keeping our player fees reasonable and a league this large functioning. Ask any of the Directors how you can help. (If you would like to be a committee member or join the Board of Directors, please email the NYSL President.) The Board of Directors want to say thanks in advance to all the wonderful parents that contribute their time unselfishly to the children.